Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Who here re-wigs AG dolls? Post links here

  1. #1
    Inactive Member elizabeth_1325's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Do any of you provide a service that re-wigs American Girl dolls (that have frizzy wigs that need replacement). Please post you links and prices here. Thanks in advanace.

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    PM'd you! I'm not sure Maria would do this for you but if you are interested in doing it yourself it is very easy and fun! http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articles/rewig/rewig.htm

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 26, 2005 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member elizabeth_1325's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would rather pay someone to do it for me I'm not doing this as an activity and if I tried to do it myself I know I would mess it up. I spent a lot of money on this doll and the seller lied to me about her condition. I don't want to damage the doll anymore than she already is. It's not about customization, it's about restoration. Thanks for your reply.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Speaking of wigs, I recently ordered some from Kemper.. got them here and they are WAY too small! I got the 10-11! The 12-13 wig I ordered is also going to be a very tight fit! I tried stretching them out a bit, but no luck! I dont want to tear them... the next size up is a 14-15. I guess I will have to order it and then just sew the wig underneath smaller if its too big.. anyone have any advice?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dlnw's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've rewigged several AGs with size 10-11 and 12-13 wigs. The 14-15 will be too large. You will need to make some small darts in the cap to get it to fit right.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How do I stretch them to make them fit? These ones look the size of the stardust classic dolls... they are super small.....
    Even the one I have in the larger of the two sizes seems like it will still be quite a stretch to fit it on properly! [img]frown.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dlnw's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've gotten wigs from Kemper Dolls in the size 10-11 and 12-13 and though they are snug, I am able to position and glue them without a problem. Do the ones you received have a velcro strip to adjust them? It might be set the tightest possible. Loosen it up (if they have them) and they should fit.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No velcro! I think I can probably stretch the larger of the two sizes and make it fit... it may take a lot of work lol
    Thanks so much. I will be sure to post before and after shots! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dlnw's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can also put small cuts in the edge of the wig cap at the back where it won't show much.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dlnw's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What doll are you trying to rewig?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •